The Hotel Association of Canada (HAC) has awarded the Ambassador Hotel & Conference Centre a "3 Green Key Rating".
A 3 Green Key rating is awarded to a hotel that has taken significant steps to protect the environment. Strong environmental programs, best management practices, training programs, and engineering solutions have been implemented which have benefited the environment and the local community.
This award is based on the following nine areas of sustainable hotel operations:
- Energy Conservation
- Water Conservation
- Solid waste management
- Hazardous waste management
- Indoor air quality
- Community outreach
- Building infrastructure
- Land use
- Environmental management.
Further, the Ambassador Hotel & Conference Centre was recognized for having a formal written environmental policy that addresses commitments in the following areas:
- Broad environmental management strategies
- Ongoing, continuous improvement
- Energy conservation and efficient use
- Water conservation and efficient use
- Waste management and resource use reduction, reuse and recycling
- Reduction in, and proper use and handling of hazardous and toxic substance
- Eco-purchasing – i.e. factoring environmental considerations into purchasing decisions/strategies
- Community involvement and support
- Relevant training and education
The Ambassador Hotel & Conference Centre is committed to sustainable hotel operations and to further strengthening and building upon initiatives that protect the environment.